There’s something special about a cabin in the woods… or by the ocean…or by the lake… or… you get the picture… Cabins are awesome! Renting a cabin is my preferred way to spend a weekend. It’s great to chill out in nature and wake up to beautiful views. Thankfully there are tons of amazing cabins near Vancouver.
Here are my favourite cabin rentals for a weekend getaway from Vancouver including in the Sea to Sky area, Sunshine Coast, Gulf Islands, Vancouver Island, Okanagan, and Interior. I’ve stayed at a few of these and the rest are definitely on my cabin vacation wish list!
Where do you want to go?
- Vancouver-area cabins – Stay in a cabin without leaving the city
- Sea to Sky cabins – Cute cabins in Squamish, Whistler, and Pemberton
- Bowen Island and Sunshine Coast cabins – Take a quick ferry ride to Bowen Island, Sechelt, and Powell River
- Gulf Island cabins – Escape to an island paradise
- Vancouver Island cabins – Head the rainforest and beach in Tofino, Ucluelet, Port Renfrew, Sooke, and Parksville
- BC Interior and Okanagan cabins – Enjoy wine country, big lakes, or the mountains
- Washington cabins – Hop over the border to stay on the ocean, in the forest, or in the mountains
Hey there: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. Thanks for supporting my website! -Taryn
You don’t have to go far from the city to find adorable cabins near Vancouver. You can stay on the ocean, on a lake, on a river, or in a log cabin. Here are my picks for the best Vancouver cabins.
Seaside Garden Cottage, Indian Arm
Get away from it all at the Seaside Garden Cottage on Indian Arm. It’s a short drive from North Vancouver’s Deep Cove, but it feels like it’s deep in the wilderness.
Cozy up around the wood stove, chill out on the private deck, or take the stairs down to the dock. At night, head up into the loft to chill out with some Netflix.
Sasquatch Mountain Log Cabin, Harrison
This gorgeous log cabin is located at Sasquatch Mountain Resort. It’s a great spot for a ski vacation in the winter, but in the summer you can go hiking, enjoy the views, or just chill out. There’s a big fireplace, lots of games, and a BBQ too.
Cabin on the Mighty Fraser River, Hope
Find this rustic cabin on the banks of the Fraser River just north of Hope. It has great views of the surrounding mountains and the owners say it’s common to see wildlife on the banks of the river including bear, deer, eagles, and otters.
More Vancouver Cabins
- Deep Cove Retreat: Sunny cottage with loft in North Vancouver’s Deep Cove neighbourhood.
- Luxurious Ocean View Cottage: Boat-access-only (included in rental price) cabin with a hot tub in Belcarra.
- The Nest Tiny Home: Beautiful scandi-style tiny home on Sumas Mountain in Abbotsford.
- Tiny House Big View: Adorable mountainside tiny house with views and nearby hiking in Chilliwack.
- Camperland Bridal Falls Resort and Cabins: Cute cabins at the campground in Bridal Falls, between Chilliwack and Hope.
- Check out my guide to the best places to camp near Vancouver.
Sea to Sky Cabins
The Sea to Sky corridor is a great place for a weekend getaway. There are lots of cabins in Squamish, Whistler, and Pemberton to choose from. And the drive up there makes a great road trip from Vancouver. (Read my Sea to Sky Highway guide for full details.) Here are my picks for the best Squamish, Whistler, and Pemberton cabins.
Porteau Cove Olympic Cabins, Lions Bay
These adorable log cabins in Porteau Cove were built as a legacy project from the 2010 Olympics. They are located next to the ocean in Porteau Cove Provincial Park. It’s a great spot to soak in the ocean views from the beach during the day or star gaze at night.
Sunwolf Riverside Cabins, Squamish
These charming cabins in the Brackendale neighbourhood of Squamish are super cozy with fireplaces and the sound of the rushing river right outside your door. My hometown of Squamish is one of the best small towns in Canada for outdoor adventures and these cute cabins make a great base for hiking, biking, or snowshoeing adventures.
Bonus: Squamish’s best brunch spot, Fergie’s is also on site. This is definitely one of my favourite cabins near Vancouver and I have fond memories of a winter trip a few years before I moved to Squamish.
READ NEXT: 70+ Things to do in Squamish (By a Local)
Riverside Resort, Whistler
Riverside Resort is one of the best places to camp in Whistler. But they also have adorable log cabins and cute little yurts. The yurts are nestled in the forest right next to the rushing waters of Fitzsimmons Creek. The resort is a right on the Valley Trail, a multi-use paved trail for biking or walking that leads everywhere in Whistler.
READ NEXT: 40 Cheap and Free Things To Do in Whistler
Sweetwater Lane Farm Cabin, Pemberton
Get away from it all at this cabin on Sweetwater Lane Farm outside of Pemberton. The property has incredible views, a firepit, and lots of adorable farm animals, but the real standout is the hot tub and super-cute barrel sauna.
Lakefront Log Cabin, Pemberton
This beautiful log cabin in Pemberton has everything you need for a relaxing weekend in the woods. Cook up a feast in the fully-equipped kitchen or grill on the BBQ. Located on the waterfront of Ivey Lake, you can swim or fish right from your front door.
More Sea to Sky Cabins
- West Coast Modern Cabin: Beautiful post and beam cabin with views in Britannia Beach.
- Waterfront Cottage: Three bedroom cabin on warm Levette Lake near Squamish.
- Squamish Valley Cottage: Cute cottage on a private acreage near the Squamish River.
- Curtisy Cottage: Retro A-frame cabin near Alta Lake in Whistler.
- Whistler Cay Log Cabin: Adorable Swiss-style log cabin within walking distance to Whistler Village.
- Blue House Organic Farm Cabin: Self-contained cabin on a farm in Pemberton Meadows.
- Check out my guides to the best places to camp near Squamish and the best places to camp near Whistler.
Bowen Island Cabins
Bowen Island is a short ferry ride away from West Vancouver, which makes it a perfect weekend cabin getaway. Here are my picks for the best cabins on Bowen Island.
Wildwood Cabins, Bowen Island
The gorgeously rustic Wildwood Cabins are nestled into the forest on Bowen Island. Explore the trails or walk 5 minutes to the beach. The cabins are made with reclaimed timber and have a real woodsy feel. There’s also a yoga studio onsite and a super-cute wood-fired barrel sauna.
Cabin in the Woods, Bowen Island
This cute A-frame cabin is tucked away in the woods on Bowen Island. But it’s not that far from the ferry terminal and shops at Snug Cove, so you can always head into town for dinner.
Cabin in the woods has three bedrooms, so it’s great for a friends getaway. It also has a fireplace for super cozy vibes.
More Bowen Island Cabins
- Evergreen Cottage: Two bedroom cabin with a view hat is walking distance from the ferry terminal.
- Hummingbird Hut: Adorable vaulted ceiling cabin with a wall of windows and nearby hiking.
- Goose’s A-Frame Cabin: Retro A-frame cabin with a big deck and hot tub.
- Woodlands Cabin: Cute and modern cabin with a fire table and big deck.
Sunshine Coast Cabins
The Sunshine Coast is easy to get to, but has a completely different feel than nearby Vancouver. With ocean views and a West Coast rainforest setting, staying in a cabin on the Sunshine Coast is the perfect way to spend a chill weekend. (Use my guide to find the best things to do on the Sunshine Coast).
Read on for my picks for the best cabins in the Gibsons, Sechelt, Halfmoon Bay, Pender Harbour, and Powell River areas.
Sabie Seas Beach House, Gibsons
Stay in a beautiful beach house, right across the street for Bonniebrook Beach. (It was my favourite beach when I lived in Gibsons.) Full of beachy decor, the house has incredible views of the ocean from the deck and tons of windows. There’s a sauna too!
A Tiny Escape, Roberts Creek
Stay in an adorable tiny house nestled into a gorgeous garden with great views of the ocean. Roberts Creek is a quiet and laid-back hippy community with coffee shops and a farmer’s market a short drive away.
Rockwater Secret Cove Cabins, Halfmoon Bay
Rockwater Secret Cove oceanside resort has rustic timber cabins and luxurious tent cabins linked by gorgeous wooden boardwalks through the forest. With a spa and fine dining restaurant on-site, it makes a great romantic getaway. (I should know: I got engaged there!)
Moon Dance Cabin, Pender Harbour
The cute Moon Dance cabin is right on the water in the Madeira Park neighbourhood of Pender Harbour. The loft bedroom feels a bit like a treehouse, surrounded by forest. There’s a great soaker tub too. Enjoy great views from the deck or try out some of the nearby hikes.
Backeddy Resort, Egmont
The Backeddy Resort is tucked away in the tiny village of Egmont, which is the starting point for the must-do hike to the rapids of Skookumchuck Narrows. The resort has a mix of accommodation options including waterfront cabins and bucketlist-worthy geodesic domes.
Oceanfront Cottage, Powell River
This adorable cottage is set over top of a boat house, so it’s practically in the ocean. Watch the crashing waves in Frolander Bay or catch a spectacular sunset from the deck. It’s an eco-friendly getaway with solar power and a sweet outdoor shower. It’s a short drive to Powell River for dinner.
Magical Dome, Lund
A stay at this unique dome house has been on my wish list for a long time. The Magical Dome in Lund is a rustic cedar dome-shaped house set in the rainforest near the Sunshine Coast Trail. The interior is full of quirky spaces, railings made of branches, and the cutest loft bedroom.
More Sunshine Coast Cabins
- The Nook: A cozy boho-style cabin near the beach in Sechelt’s Porpoise Bay neighbourhood.
- Halfmoon Haven: Beachfront cottage in Halfmoon Bay with lots of outdoor space.
- The Aerie: A modern treehouse in Halfmoon Bay with tons of windows and a hot tub.
- Paul’s Cottage: Located on Hotel Lake in Pender Harbour with access to a dock for warm swimming.
- Frolander Bay Tiny Cottages: A cluster of tiny homes with a hot tub near the beach just outside Powell River.
- Rustic Cedar Cabin: Beautiful window-filled cedar planked cabin near Powell River.
Gulf Islands Cabins
The Gulf Islands are a handful of islands sprinkled in the Strait of Georgia between the mainland and Vancouver Island. Each has its own laid-back personality and they all make an ideal weekend getaway. With so many Gulf Islands cabins to choose from, it can be hard to pick. But let me help you out – my favourite cabins on the Gulf Islands are below.
The Cottages on Salt Spring Island
These lakeside cottages are rustic yet luxe with cozy kitchens and big bathrooms. Each cottage has a patio with a great view of the lake. The Cottages on Salt Spring Island are just outside the town of Ganges, which makes it easy to head over to the farmers market, restaurants, and cute boutiques.
Treehouse with a View, Salt Spring Island
Sleep high in the trees in this treehouse with a view on Salt Spring Island – it’s one of the most unique cabins near Vancouver. You’ll get incredible views from the deck and tons of windows including one in front of the the jacuzzi tub. Get cozy by the fireplace or go to the Nest Yoga Studio next door for a class.
Oceanside Log Home, Galiano Island
This gorgeous log cabin on Galiano Island sits high on a bluff directly above Active Pass. Watch the ferries go past (and sometimes whales too!) from the beautiful deck. Or relax in the hot tub or in front of the fireplace. Galiano Island is my favourite Gulf Island with tons of opportunities for hiking and biking.
Ocean View Cabin, Pender Island
Watch for whales from the deck of this ocean view cabin high on the cliffs above Swanson Channel on Pender Island. It has incredible views of the ocean, the mountains of Vancouver Island, and the ferries cruising past on their way to Victoria. There’s a hot tub too!
More Gulf Islands Cabins
- Orchard Cabin: Quaint cottage with a loft near the town of Ganges on Saltspring Island.
- Cozy 2 Bedroom Cabin: Rustic cabin on North Pender Island near Gulf Islands National Park.
- Sticks and Stones Cottage: Cabin in the woods on Galiano Island with friendly hosts.
- Sunset Cabin: New cottage with huge deck and hot tub and insane sunset views on Galiano Island.
Vancouver Island Cabins
Vancouver Island is known around the world for its rugged beauty and gorgeous coastline. Head to the West Coast to stay in a cabin in Tofino or Ucluelet. Drive the Pacific Marine Circle Route to adorable cottages in Sooke or Port Renfrew. Or chill out at a resort cabin in Parksville with a spa on site. You’ll love each of my choices for the best cabins on Vancouver Island.
Owl’s Perch Treehouse, Sooke
This is one of the most unique cabins on Vancouver Island – it’s a treehouse! The cabin is attached to four huge trees! Sleeping in the cozy loft bedroom is like sleeping in the forest canopy. There is also a huge deck for relaxing and forest bathing without leaving the cabin.
Oceanfront Cottage, Sooke
This cute and cozy oceanfront cottage in Sooke has a hot tub and great views of the ocean. There’s a dock to hang out and kayaks you can use too. The owners have a small farm next door so they can set up you with fresh eggs for breakfast.
(Sooke is a great place to stay if you’re driving the Pacific Marine Circle Route.)
Wild Renfrew Seaside Cottages, Port Renfrew
I stayed at the gorgeous Wild Renfrew Seaside Cottages on my Pacific Marine Circle Route road trip. They are right on the water and have cozy fire pits that make a great place to relax after exploring nearby Avatar Grove – the old-growth cedars are giant! (The covered decks are great for rainy days.)
Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort, Parksville
The cozy log cabins at Tigh-Na-Mara are set in a gorgeous forest a short walk from a beautiful sandy beach. The famous Grotto Spa is onsite for massages or a relaxing soak in the mineral pool. It’s easy to see why these are some of the most popular cabins on Vancouver Island.
Peace Cabin, Ucluelet
Friends of mine own this Scandi-style cabin. It is nestled in the woods has seriously relaxing vibes. The window-filled space is tucked into the rainforest near Ucluelet, so it feels like you’re outside even when you’re inside.
Peace Cabin has everything you need to chill out: a full kitchen, board games, a BBQ, and a covered deck with an outdoor fireplace. But the town of Ucluelet and the trails of Pacific Rim National Park are just a few minutes away.
Ocean Village, Tofino
Tofino is one of Canada’s best outdoor adventure small towns for surfing, beaches, hiking, and more. Ocean Village in Tofino is a group of charming beehive-shaped cabins right on Mackenzie Beach in Tofino. Built in 1976, this is Tofino’s original oceanfront resort.
The rustic cabins have modern upgrades but still have a retro vibe. They’re also committed to sustainability with on-demand hot water and recycling and composting programs. It’s a great place for a Vancouver Island cabin getaway.
Brown’s Bay Resort, Campbell River
Brown’s Bay Resort is just north of Campbell River. It’s right on the water and has a mix of cabins, glamping tents, and campsites. It even has a floating restaurant. It’s a great location for fishing and the famous Ripple Rock hike is a few minutes away.
More Vancouver Island Cabins
- Orca View Cottage: Sun-drenched ocean-front cottage in Sooke.
- Lakefront Cabin: Huge A-frame with tons of windows and beachfront on Lake Cowichan.
- The Happy Bell Tent: Luxurious glamping tents on the outskirts of Nanaimo.
- 100-Year-Old Farm Cottage: Adorable vintage cottage near the beach in Cedar, near Nanaimo.
- Old Growth Forest Cottage: Bright and cheery A-frame nestled in the forest near Qualicum Beach.
- Courtenay Beach House: Sleep steps from the water in this rustic modern cottage.
- The Cabins at Terrace Beach: Gorgeous high-end cabins in Ucluelet.
- Tofino Surf Cabin: Cute cabin with a surf theme tucked into the old growth forest.
Interior and Okanagan Cabins
BC’s Interior has many different sides. Book a cabin in the Okanagan wine country to enjoy vineyard views and lakes. Or head to a cabin Wells Gray Park or Manning Park for great hiking or snowshoeing. Mountain bikers, skiers, and hikers should book a cabin in Revelstoke – it’s my favourite BC mountain town. Here are my picks for the best cabins in the Okanagan and BC’s Interior.
Manning Park Resort, Manning Park
In the summer, hike right from your front door. When the snow falls, snowshoe or cross-country ski next to the cabin. Manning Park is a short drive from Vancouver and the Manning Park Resort has lots of cute cabins.
Vineyard Cottage, Penticton
Relax on the patio with a glass of wine at this romantic cottage on the grounds of the Four Shadows Vineyard in Penticton. It has great views of the vineyard and the tasting room is a short walk away. The cottage interior has vaulted ceiling with exposed beams for an airy, yet cozy feel.
Utopia Feels Botanical Glampground, Vernon
Located just outside Vernon, Utopia Feels Botanical Glampground is an incredible escape. Sleep in a luxurious glamping tent on the grounds of a sustainable micro-farm that includes lots of mature trees and farm animals.
READ NEXT: 30+ Things to Do in Vernon, BC
Tin Poppy Cabin, Salmon Arm
Get off the grid at the Tin Poppy Cabin in the Larch Hills outside of Salmon Arm. The cabin is actually a converted travel trailer decked out in retro style and fueled by solar power. Enjoy the views from the huge screened-in porch or go mountain biking or fishing nearby.
Cedar Haven Resort, Wells Gray Provincial Park
If you’re into the cowboy thing, there are also several dude ranches nearby. After a day of activities, relax in the sauna or roast marshmallows around the campfire.
Boulder Mountain Resort, Revelstoke
I stayed in an adorable cabin at Boulder Mountain Resort for a couple of nights on my most recent trip to Revelstoke, one of the best small towns in Canada. The cabins feel like a cozy wood tiny house… without the tiny. There’s a king bed, a big couch, a huge walk-in shower, and a well-stocked kitchen. There were even cute checkered bathrobes.
More Okanagan and BC Interior Cabins
- Sunshine Valley Resort and Cabins: Cute mini cabins at a campground near Manning Park.
- Lac Le Jeune Log Cabin: Amazing rustic log cabin just outside Lac Le Jeune Provincial Park near Kamloops.
- Mid-Century Waterfront Rancher: Cute retro cottage right on the lake is Osoyoos.
- Shuswap Sky Dome: Unique geodesic dome and wood-fired hot tub with views of Shuswap Lake.
If you have a passport, Washington state is a great getaway from Vancouver. And there are lots of cute cabins in northern Washington to explore.
Gingerbread Cottage, Point Roberts
Point Roberts is a geographic anomaly – a peninsula-shaped piece of Washington State that you can only access from British Columbia. The quite border in Tsawwassen makes crossing a breeze.
Stay in this adorable Gingerbread Cottage tucked into the cedar forest. It has a solarium and a great deck. The cottage is located next to a park and a short walk from the beach and shops.
Oceanfront A-Frame, Birch Bay
Located just across the border, Birch Bay is a great place to find cabins near Vancouver. The oceanfront A-frame has cute modern decor and incredible beach views. The loft bedroom is accessed via a fun spiral staircase.
Outside you’ll find a fire pit, grill and 400 square foot deck. Stairs lead down the bank to the beach.
Charming Cedar Chalet, Mount Baker
The Mount Baker ski area is a short drive from Vancouver. It’s a great year-round destination with fabulous skiing and snowshoeing in winter and hiking in the summer.
You’ll find lots of cabins clustered in the nearby communities of Glacier, Warnick and Maple Falls. The Charming Cedar Chalet is an adorable shingled cabin with a sleeping loft, woodstove, and private hot tub.
Oceanfront Cabin, Whitbey Island
Whitbey Island is one of my favourite places in Washington. I love the little towns, quiet coastline, and the drama of Deception Pass State Park.
Stay at this oceanfront cabin in Penn Cove near the town of Coupeville. It has a huge sun-drenched deck, a quiet beach location, and a retro wood paneled interior.
More Washington Cabins
- Heron House: Three bedroom waterfront cottage on Penn Cove near Coupeville on Whidbey Island.
- Camano Cabin: Enjoy mountain and water views from this cabin on Camano Island near Mount Vernon.
- The Treehouse: Cabin perched in the forest near Lake Whatcom outside of Bellingham.
With over 75 tiny houses, glamping tents, and cottages on this list, I bet you’ll find your perfect cabin rental near Vancouver. How many of these cozy British Columbia and Washington cabins are going on your wish list? Tell me in the comments.
- 20+ Beautiful Weekend Getaways from Vancouver
- Camping Near Vancouver, BC: 40+ Best Campgrounds
- Best Small Towns in Canada for Outdoor Adventures
- Backcountry Huts in British Columbia and the Canadian Rockies
- Your Guide to the Best Hot Springs in Canada
- Sea to Sky Highway Road Trip Guide: Driving from Vancouver to Whistler
- The Ultimate Guide to the Pacific Marine Circle Route on Vancouver Island
- Elfin Lakes Hike in Squamish (By a Local) - February 21, 2024
- High Note Trail in Whistler Hiking Guide(By a Season’s Pass Holder) - February 15, 2024
- How to Paddle the River of Golden Dreams in Whistler, BC - February 9, 2024