Tackling a multi-day backpacking route?
Need a road trip itinerary?
Not sure where to start planning your BC adventure?
I can help!
I’ve lived in British Columbia for my whole life and have hiked and camped here for nearly two decades. I’ve completed dozens of backpacking trips all over this province. (I literally wrote the the book on Backpacking in Southwestern BC – it was published in May 2021).
While backpacking is my first love, I also enjoy adventurous road trips that include hiking, camping, and viewpoints, but also make time for local food, craft cider, and off-the-beaten path gems. Over the years, I’ve driven almost every major highway in BC.
I also have a long history in the outdoor industry. Back in university I worked in an outdoor store for three years helping people choose backpacking, sleeping, bags, and hiking boots. More recently, I wrote product descriptions and how-to articles for the website of a large Canadian outdoor retailer. So I really know hiking gear.
What I Offer
- Custom backpacking trip itineraries with daily mileage, recommended campsites, pre/post trip transportation, and more
- Custom road trip itineraries with recommended stops, hotels, restaurants, hikes, and more
- Custom training plans to get you ready for your big backpacking trip
- 1-on-1 coaching phone calls to plan your trip, select gear, or just get your questions answered
How Does it Work?
To get started, email me: taryn [at] happiestoutdoors [dot] ca
We will come up with a custom solution that works for you. In most cases we will start with a 30 minute 1-on-1 video call to assess your needs.
Video calls are $50 for 30 minutes.
Custom itineraries, meal plans, and training plans start at $75. Prices increase depending on complexity.
What You Get
I’ll work with you to create a custom itinerary with recommended stops, daily mileage, and personalized tips for your style of travel.
I am not a travel agent. I create a custom itinerary, but you book all your own accommodations, tours, hiking permits, and restaurant reservations.
I can help you with most outdoor-oriented trips in British Columbia. But I have the most expertise in the following areas:
- Trails in Southwestern British Columbia
- Trails on Vancouver Island
- West Coast Trail
- Juan de Fuca Trail
- North Coast Trail
- Cape Scott Trail
- Rockwall Trail
- Berg Lake Trail
- Nootka Trail
- Della Falls Trail
Outdoor Adventure Trips:
- Lake O’Hara camping and hiking
- Revelstoke region
- Vancouver Island
- Whistler and the Sea to Sky region
- Vancouver region
- Alaska Highway
- Yukon Territory
- Bowron Lakes canoeing
- Tasmania, Australia including the Overland Track
What Past Clients Are Saying
Email me: taryn [at] happiestoutdoors [dot] ca so we can put together your bucket list trip