My new book, Backpacking on Vancouver Island: The Essential Guide to the Best Multi-Day Trips and Day Hikes, will be released on April 2, 2024.
Discover 35 of Vancouver Island’s best day hikes and overnight trips
Vancouver Island is home to legendary backpacking routes, and this expertly researched book takes you to the best of the best, whether you’re looking for a weekend trip to a mountain peak, a multi-day adventure to a secluded beach, or an easy day trip to a waterfall. The author, Taryn Eyton, is an experienced backpacker and Leave No Trace Master Educator. In addition to sharing the best backpacking routes on the Island, she provides practical advice to promote fun wilderness experiences and minimize your environmental impact.
Every featured backpacking trip includes:
- Elevation, distance, and time information
- Route descriptions and trail maps
- Points of cultural and natural history
- Tips on where to camp and where to find water
- Information about fees, permits, and reservations
Order a Signed Copy
I sell signed copies of Backpacking on Vancouver Island. Click through to order a personalized and signed copy, shipped directly from my home in Squamish. (Psst! This option supports me the most.)
Where to Buy
You can find Backpacking on Vancouver Island anywhere books are sold. If they don’t already have it, ask your local bookstore to order it.
Hey there: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for your support. -Taryn
Mother Nature changes our trails and access roads every year. All the info in the book was accurate at the time of writing, but of course is subject to change.
Visit my Book Updates page for the latest information on trail conditions and road access.
- 2024 BC Backpacking Reservation Dates You Need to Know
- How to Make Backcountry Camping Reservations in BC
- How to Go Backpacking in BC Without Reservations
- 31 Best Backpacking Trips in BC
VANCOUVER ISLAND HIKING GUIDES: