Choose Your Adventure…
Hi! I’m Taryn…
and I’m Happiest Outdoors!
I’d rather be hiking, backpacking, or exploring back roads. (In fact, I love it so much I wrote a book about it!)
And if you’re here, I bet you feel the same way.
I created Happiest Outdoors in 2014 to share my adventures, but it has evolved into a resource to empower others feel as comfortable in the outdoors as I do, both near my home in Squamish, and around the world.
Where Do You Want to Explore…
Bucket List Trails…
Get My Book…
Backpacking in Southwestern British Columbia
A one-stop resource for backpackers in beautiful British Columbia.
- 40 backpacking trips within a few hours of Vancouver
- Info about permits, reservations, and campsite facilities
- Detailed maps and photos
- Advice for extending your trip
- Points of cultural and natural history
- How to Make Backcountry Camping Reservations in BC
- How to Get the Smell Out of Hiking Clothes
- 12 Best Women’s Hiking Pants (Picks for Every Body Type)
- 24 Easy Backpacking Trips In BC For Beginners
- Romantic Valentine’s Gifts for Hikers and Campers
- 2023 BC Backpacking Reservation Dates You Need to Know
- Sea to Sky Highway Road Trip Guide: Driving from Vancouver to Whistler
- Most Instagrammed Hikes in Vancouver for 2023