Choose Your Adventure…
Hi! I’m Taryn…
and I’m Happiest Outdoors!
I’d rather be hiking, backpacking, or exploring back roads. (In fact, I love it so much I wrote a book about it!)
And if you’re here, I bet you feel the same way.
I created Happiest Outdoors in 2014 to share my adventures, but it has evolved into a resource to empower others feel as comfortable in the outdoors as I do, both near my home in Squamish, and around the world.
- My Favourite Hiking Gear – 2023 Edition
- Microspikes vs. Crampons vs. Snowshoes: What’s the Difference?
- BC Parks Day Passes 2023 – Everything You Need to Know
- Where to Go Snowshoeing in Manning Park, BC
- Where to Go Snowshoeing in the Fraser Valley Near Vancouver
- Where to Go Snowshoeing in Squamish
- 2024 Washington Backpacking Reservation Dates
- Lake O’Hara Camping and Hiking Guide (Yoho National Park)
Where Do You Want to Explore…
Bucket List Trails…
Get My Book…
Backpacking in Southwestern British Columbia
A one-stop resource for backpackers in beautiful British Columbia.
- 40 backpacking trips within a few hours of Vancouver
- Info about permits, reservations, and campsite facilities
- Detailed maps and photos
- Advice for extending your trip
- Points of cultural and natural history