Choose Your Adventure…
Hi! I’m Taryn…
and I’m Happiest Outdoors!
I’d rather be hiking, backpacking, or exploring back roads. (In fact, I love it so much I wrote a book about it!)
And if you’re here, I bet you feel the same way.
I created Happiest Outdoors in 2014 to share my adventures, but it has evolved into a resource to empower others feel as comfortable in the outdoors as I do, both near my home in Squamish, and around the world.
- 9 Beautiful Reasons to Visit Banff in the Fall
- 20+ Ways to Reduce Your Backpack Weight
- 10 Best Things to Do in Death Valley National Park
- Things to Do in Haida Gwaii
- Grocery Store Backpacking Meals for Cheap
- Hike the Bright Angel Trail in the Grand Canyon
- How to Avoid Bees and Wasps While Hiking
- 14 Best Outdoor Activities Near Las Vegas
Where Do You Want to Explore…
Bucket List Trails…
Get My Book…
Backpacking in Southwestern British Columbia
A one-stop resource for backpackers in beautiful British Columbia.
- 40 backpacking trips within a few hours of Vancouver
- Info about permits, reservations, and campsite facilities
- Detailed maps and photos
- Advice for extending your trip
- Points of cultural and natural history